Tutorial on how to
use these tools
- Form Flooder
- Java app for analyzing web forms, then filling them with pseudorandom data
and submitting it. Fill those spammer databases with useless junk!
- Harvester Killer: Defeat those spambots!
- Sam Spade -
Address digger, perpetrator profile, sightings reports, dropbox reports, great links
- SpamHelp - Network Tools: Useful for fighting spam - whois, DNS lookups, traceroute, ping and more.
- Traceroute with searchable index
- SpamCop - Automated tool to analyze spam, determine administrators, and email them about junk. Highly recommended.
- UXN Spam Combat - Another nice collection of Whois,NSLookup,DNS,Ping,Traceroute utilities
- Netdemon - Integrated Trace/lookup utils for Windows 95/98/NT, including Nullifier for HayWyre-encrypted spam
- Emailias - Use a different
email alias for each website, to track who's selling your address. All
mail forwards to your real address, but keeps your actual account private.
Free trial membership.
Blackhole Lists (When all else fails!)
If there's one country on this planet that deserves to rot in blacklists
until the end of time, its this nest of spam-harboring clueless dolts.
If all else fails, send
this file to your favorite Chinese sysadmin, and let the Red Army
take it from there.
- Antispam.MSExchange.org -
Anti-spam resource site dedicated to helping administrators fight spam
on their mail servers. Updated with the latest spam news, software,
related links and white papers, offering insight into the latest spam
practices and the ways to combat spam with server based solutions.
- Anti-Spam Game!
- ATQUI - Spam email filtering system
- BlackMamba 1.1 - Semi-automatic Spam filter and email previewer, checks and sorts your POP3 mailbox, deletes spam. Open source
- Filter Lists - Updated 4 times daily
- FilterMy.com - Web-based email (POP3 compatible) with spam/virus filtering
- Guarded Email - A paper describing a possible approach for stopping spam, uses manual passwordsto validate unknown message senders, by David A. Wheeler. See this scheme in action at Bluebottle.com
- How to Get Rid of Junk Mail, and Telemarketers
- How to Fight Spam - geared toward novices who want less junk email
- MAPS (Mail Abuse Protection System) Initiative - Home of RBL Realtime Blackhole List and other services
- MailShield - Mail filtering, anti-relay front-end for Windows & Unix mail servers
- ModoMail - Mail system with aggressive filtering, blocks everything except what user wants, with complex user-settable filters and rules
- Net Abuse FAQ/Resource List
- Reverse Spamming - Fight spam with spam, turn spammers against companies who sponsor spam. Includes HTML code for filling forms.
- Hide web email addresses from harvesters
- Schpider.com - Fresh Spam News - updated continually, keep up with all the news articles dealing with spam. Also see his DNSBL at http://vox.schpider.com
- SortMonster - Home of Message Sniffer anti-spam software for mail servers; other advanced anti-spam systems in development
- Spam Agent - Spam blocking software, uses large set of filters, updated frequently, in addition whitelists and blacklists.
- Spam Cannibal - Tarpit/daemon to stop spam at the originating server
- Spammers Anonymous
- SpamButcher -Fuzzy logic anti-spam filter for POP3 accounts / Windows users
- Spam Fighter - Spam filter for MS-Outlook, free
- Spam Liquidator - Spam filter for all POP3-compatible mail systems- this one uses a distributed,collaborative approach to identifying spam. Also has program to stop messenger service spam.
- Spamhaus Project - Home of the SBL, realtime DNS-based block list of spammers, also ROKSO - Registry of Known Spam Operations. Get tough on the hardcore spammers!
- SpamHelp Anti-Spam Resource: The one-stop site for all your anti-spam needs. Featuring articles, software, services, appliances, tools, books and anything related to spam.
- SpamWeed - Statistical filter to catch spam from your POP3 client, commercial product
- SPUTUM anti-spam page!
- Tim Skirvin's news.admin.net-abuse.* web page
- USPS Information on chain letters
- USPS Information on mail fraud
- Anti-Spam screen saver
- Why Spam is Bad - For the "email marketer" who needs to be shown why Spam is bad and destructive
Junk Faxes & Telemarketing!
"Under no circumstances will I ever purchase anything offered to me as the
result of an unsolicited email message. Nor will I forward chain letters,
petitions, mass mailings, or virus warnings to large numbers of others.
This is my contribution to the survival of the online community."
"The Boulder Pledge", devised by Roger Ebert at the
Conference on World Affairs at the University of Colorado
Common Spammer Whine: "But...I have freedom of speech..."
U.S. Supreme Court: ROWAN v. U.S. POST OFFICE DEPT. , 397 U.S. 728
"Nothing in the Constitution compels us to listen to or view any unwanted
communication, whatever its merit....The ancient concept that 'a man's home
is his castle' into which 'not even the king may enter' has lost none of
its vitality....We therefore categorically reject the argument that a vendor
has a right under the Constitution or otherwise to send unwanted material
into the home of another. If this prohibition operates to impede the flow
of even valid ideas, the answer is that no one has a right to press even
'good' ideas on an unwilling recipient. That we are often 'captives' outside
the sanctuary of the home and subject to objectionable speech and other sound
does not mean we must be captives everywhere....The asserted right of a
mailer, we repeat, stops at the outer boundary of every person's domain."
Back to the previous page
Ignore this section- this is nothing but traps for web-spiders
PO Box 30904
Raleigh, NC 27622
Sign My Guestbook